- 1 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground coffee
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- about 2 dozen whole coffee beans, for decoration
Place walnuts in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until coarsely ground, about 30 seconds.
Add flour, sugar, salt, coffee, and cocoa powder, to food processor. Pulse until well combined. Add butter to mixture and pulse until butter has been incorporated. Add vanilla extract and milk and continue to pulse until dough comes together into a ball.
Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
On a lightly floured surface, roll dough out into a 1/4 inch thickness. Using cookie cutter, cut out circles and transfer to prepared baking sheets. Press a whole coffee bean into the center of each cookie.
Bake cookies until tops are dry, about 12 minutes.