- Yield:makes about 20 cookies
- Active time: 20 minutes
- Total time:1 hour 30 minutes (includes chilling dough)
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 ounces white chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugars with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes (you can also use a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on medium speed). Beat in vanilla and egg. Add flour mixture to wet ingredients, beating until evenly incorporated. Stir in white chocolate and macadamia nuts. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and let it chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drop dough in rounded teaspoons onto baking sheet, leaving 2-inches between cookies. Bake until cookies are golden brown at the edges and centers are just cooked through, about 9 minutes.