- Yield:makes about 36 cookies
- Active time: 20 minutes
- Total time:2 hours, 20 minutes (includes chilling dough)
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, melted (not cooled)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 8 Score bars or 11.2 ounces of chocolate covered toffee, chopped into 1/4 inch chunks
In a small bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, light brown sugar, and salt. Add vanilla. Mix in warm melted butter and whisk until sugar has started to dissolve. Add eggs, stirring until the mixture thickens slightly. Add flour mixture and stir until just combined. Stir in toffee chunks.
Wrap dough in plastic wrap and let chill in refrigerator for two hours or up to overnight.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Drop dough in rounded tablespoons onto baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake until edges are golden and tops have just started to crack, about 10 minutes.