This recipe appears in:Weekend Baking Project: Oat Crisps with Blueberries, Peaches and Crème Fraîche Emily Luchetti's Oat Crisps with Blueberries, Peaches and Crème Fraîche
This recipe is just incredibly simple—perfect when you want something delicious but don't want to spend too much time in the kitchen. Store them in an airtight container overnight so they don't get soggy. (They also make a great ice cream sandwich cookie.)
From Classic Stars Desserts by Emily Luchetti (Chronicle Books 2007)
- 1 1/4 ounces (2 1/2 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 pint blueberries (about 2 cups)
- 3 large ripe peaches, peeled, pitted and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup crème fraîche, homemade or purchased
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and corn syrup and stir until blended. Stir in the oats, mixing well.
To form the crisps, drop the oats mixture by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing them about 2 1/2 inches apart. Bake, rotating the baking sheets 180 degrees at the midway point, until golden brown and bubbly, about 15 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets. Then, using a metal spatula, transfer the crisps to a large flat plate to cool.
To serve, divide the blueberries, peaches, and crème fraîche among individual bowls and place 2 oat crisps alongside or on top of each serving.
Planning Ahead: The oat crisps may be made a day in advance. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.