Lillet of the Valley is a variation of the Col du Sabion, a drink we first encountered at the Manhattan Cocktail Classic. It features blood orange liqueur and Gran Classico, which we're pretty obsessed with. The lightness of cider combined with the tart and earthy citrus flavors make this drink an excellent companion while watching the sunset from your rooftop.
- 2 ounces chilled Lillet Blanc
- 1 ounce Solerno Blood Orange Liquor
- 3 dashes orange bitters, such as Bitter Truth
- 3 dashes grapefruit bitters
- 1 teaspoon Gran Classico Bitter
- 3 ounces chilled semi-dry cider
- 1 thick twist orange twist
Fill a mixing glass with ice, then add Lillet, Solerno, orange bitters, grapefruit bitters, and Gran Classico. Stir well.
Strain into an ice-filled collins glass. Top off with cider. Stir gently to combine and garnish with orange twist.