- Active time: 15 minutes
- Total time:15 minutes
- 2 pounds fresh chow fun noodles (see note)
- 6 tablespoons canola, vegetable, or peanut oil
- 2/3 pound Chinese broccoli (or regular broccoli, cut into small florets)
- 1 large onion, finely sliced from pole-to-pole
- 2 cups scallion greens cut into 1-inch segments
- 2 to 3 tablespoons whole fermented black beans
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
Slice noodles lengthwise into 3/4- to 1-inch segments and set aside. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large wok over high heat until smoking. Add chinese broccoli and cook without disturbing until well-browned, about 1 minute. Toss and continue to cook, stirring occasionally until tender but still bright green, about 2 minutes longer. Transfer broccoli to large bowl and set aside.
Heat another tablespoon oil in wok until smoking. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until well-browned and tender, about 2 minutes total. Transfer to bowl with broccoli.
Heat remaining 1/4 cup oil in wok over high heat until smoking. Add noodles and cook, carefully lifting and separating the noodles until completely heated through and lightly charred. Add broccoli, onions, scallions, black beans, soy sauce, and oyster sauce to wok. Carefully fold ingredients together, being careful to break noodles as little as possible. Cook until all ingredients are heated through and noodles are relatively dry (there should be no soupy sauce leftover). Transfer to a warm serving platter and serve.