- Yield:6 to 8
- Active time: 15 minutes
- Total time:4 hours (including chilling time)
- Two 12.3 ounce packages (or about 25 ounces total) firm silken tofu
- 4 ounces good-quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee or espresso powder
- 1/2 cup honey or grade B maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 teaspoons sea salt (optional)
Cut the tofu into chunks and drain in a colander or on several layers of paper towels for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in the microwave or over a double-boiler.
Purée the tofu in a blender or food processor (or use a stick blender) until creamy, about 1 minute. Make sure to scrape down the sides a couple of times.
Add the chocolate, cocoa, espresso powder, honey/syrup and vanilla; blend until well combined. Fold in the sea salt, if using.
Transfer to a large bowl (or individual serving bowls), cover, and chill 3-4 hours, or overnight.