- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon spicy pimenton or cayenne
- 1/3 pound walnuts
- 1/3 pound pecans
- 1/3 pound cashews
- 1 egg white, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon water
Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon mat.
In a large bowl, mix sugars, cinnamon, salt, and pimenton until it is combined and free of lumps. In a small bowl, beat egg white and water until frothy but hasn't created peaks. Add nuts and stir to coat. Add nuts to sugar mixture and toss to coat evenly. Spread nuts out on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Let nuts cool, breaking up any large pieces that have formed.