- Yield:6 to 8
- Active time: 20 minutes
- Total time:1 hour, 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup dry Marsala wine
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shelled, dry-roasted, salted pistachios, finely chopped (see Notes)
Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 9- by 5-inch loaf pan with nonstick baking spray.
Beat sugar and eggs on medium speed until pale yellow, about 2 minutes. Add olive oil, Marsala, milk, and orange zest and beat until thoroughly combined, 1 to 2 minutes.
Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in bowl. Lower speed to low and add flour mixture. Beat just until combined, about 1 minute, scraping the sides and bottom of bowl as necessary. Add pistachios and beat just until combined, about 30 seconds.
Scrape batter into prepared pan and bake until cake tester inserted in middle of cake comes out clean, about 35 to 45 minutes.
Cool cake in pan about 10 minutes, then turn over on rack and cool completely, about 1 hour. Serve.