Check out other recipes from Serious Entertaining: Memorial Day »
- Yield:makes 6 servings
- Active time: 20 minutes
- Total time:35 minutes
- 3 1/2 pounds lobster, cooked, meat picked out and chopped (about three cups meat)
- 8 ounces frozen corn or 6 ears fresh corn, shucked, kernels cut off
- 1 1/2 pounds baby new potatoes, cut in half
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 cup basil leaves, roughly torn
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 cup plus two tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
Put potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over medium high heat and cook until fork tender, 15-20 minutes. Drain and add potatoes to a large bowl.
If using frozen corn, place corn in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Add two tablespoons of water and let cook until heated through, 5 minutes. Drain and add to potatoes.
Add lobster meat, shallots, and basil to potatoes and corn. Toss to mix.
In a small bowl, whisk together heavy cream, olive oil, and vinegar. Pour over lobster mixture and toss gently until well coated. Add salt and pepper to taste.