- Yield:makes 2 dozen pieces
- Active time: 30 minutes
- Total time:3 hours 30 minutes (includes chilling)
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup marshmallow fluff
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup cherry jam
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
In a large bowl, mix dark chocolate, vanilla, and marshmallow fluff.
In a large saucepan mix sugar, condensed milk, cherry jam, heavy cream, water, and butter. Stir over medium heat until butter has melted and sugar has dissolved. Increase heat to medium high and let mixture come to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly, until a candy thermometer reads 230 degrees, about 20 minutes.
Pour mixture from saucepan over the chocolate mixture. Stir until chocolate has melted and mixture has thickened, about two minutes. Pour fudge into chocolate molds or prepared pan. Let chill in refrigerator for 3 hours.