- 1 pound extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
- 1/2 cup beer (Connie is adamant about using Bass, but any pale ale will work)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Few drops Worcestershire sauce
- Few dashes of hot sauce (like Cholula)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne (or to taste)
Grate or cut up cheese into cubes and place it, along with all other ingredients in a food processor.
While drinking the rest of the beer, mix until smooth.
Taste and adjust seasonings.
Transfer to serving bowl and refrigerate. It is better to make it ahead so that the flavors can develop.