- Active time: 30 minutes
- Total time:30 minutes
- 4 dried shitake mushrooms
- 6 ounces pork shoulder
- For the marinade:
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Shaoxing rice wine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teapoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup bamboo shoots, cut into 1/4 inch julienne
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Ground white pepper
In a medium bowl soak the mushrooms in cold water until soften about 30 minutes. Thinly slice the mushrooms and set aside.
Cut pork into thin matchstick slivers, about 1/4 thick. Mix pork with the marinade and set aside.
Heat wok over high heat. Swirl in 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and add the pork. Cook undisturbed for 15 seconds, letting the pork brown slightly. Then stir-fry for 1 minute longer until pork is tender.
Pour in remaining vegetable oil and add garlic, cabbage, bamboo shoots, and shitake. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes until vegetables are cooked through. Place pork back into wok and stir-fry to mix, adding salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.