Check out other recipes from Serious Entertaining: Desserts for a Crowd »
Carrot Sheet Cake
About This Recipe
|Active time:||35 minutes|
|Total time:||1 hour, 20 minutes|
- For Cake:
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups freshly grated carrots
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 cup raisins
- For Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
To Make Cake: Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 by 13 inch baking pan.
In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, brown sugar, and white sugar.
Beat butter into flour mixture until well combined and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Beat in eggs one at a time. Beat in vanilla. Stir in crushed pineapple, carrots, and raisins until evenly distributed in batter.
Pour batter into greased baking pan (it is a bit of a thick batter). Bake for 40 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Let cool.
To Make Frosting: Put all ingredients for frosting in the bowl of a food processor. Blend until smooth. Spread frosting over top of cake.