This aromatic tequila cocktail comes from Speakeasy, the cocktail cookbook from Jason Kosmas and Dushan Zaric of Employees Only in New York. It's rich and honey-tinged from the combination of St-Germain elderflower liqueur and fennel-scented yellow Chartreuse. Herbal, musky, and bittersweet, it's a contemplative, well-balanced cocktail, named for the wasps that swarm around agave farms and tequila distilleries.
- 2 ounces reposado tequila (such as Partida)
- 1 ounce St-Germain elderflower liqueur
- 3/4 ounce Yellow Chartreuse
- 1 dash Regan's Orange Bitters
- 1 lemon twist, for garnish
Pour tequila, elderflower liqueur, Chartreuse, and bitters into mixing glass. Fill about two-thirds full with ice cubes and stir for 40 revolutions. Strain into chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with lemon twist.