This salad uses blood oranges two ways. First they're juiced for the blood orange-honey vinaigrette and second, the segments sit on a bed of spinach and pistachios.
Check out other recipes from An Early Spring Dinner.
- For Orange-Honey Vinaigrette:
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh blood orange juice from 1 blood orange
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 3 tablspoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- For Salad:
- 3 blood oranges, segmented
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios
Make Vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk together blood orange juice, vinegar, shallot, and honey. Whisking constantly, slowly drizzle in olive oil, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
Put spinach, pistachios, and oranges in a large bowl. Add vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper and toss until salad is evenly coated. Serve immediately