- 1/2 large red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil, divided
- 2 cups corn kernels (thawed if frozen)
- 15.5 ounces black eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For serving: 4 large red bell peppers
In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium high heat. Sauté onion and bell peppers until softened, about 5 minutes. Add peas and corn. Sauté until tender and heated through, about 3 minutes.
In a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, remaining olive oil, chives, and hot sauce. Stir in vegetables. Season with salt and pepper.
To serve, cut each bell pepper in half and remove any ribs or seeds. Spoon succotash into bell pepper half. Garnish with leftover chives.