Smoked Salmon Napoleons
About This Recipe
|Yield:||6 as an appetizer|
|Active time:||20 minutes|
|Total time:||40 minutes|
- 1 (17.3 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 1/2 pounds smoked salmon
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach, washed and dried
- 3 teaspoons diced red onion
- 3 teaspoons capers
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Place one sheet of puff pastry on each baking sheet. Dock pastry sheet about 20 times with fork. Bake until golden, about 20 minutes (check after 5 minutes to ensure pastry is not puffing too much—dock with fork as necessary). Let cool. Cut each pastry into 6 equal rectangles.
Place 6 cooked pastry rectangles on a work surface. Top each with smoked salmon. Top each with 1/4 cup baby spinach. Sprinkle each with 1/2 tsp diced onion and 1/2 tsp capers.
In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle dressing 1 teaspoon of dressing over each open napoleon. Sprinkle each napoleon with dill. Top with remaining puff pastry rectangles.