Adapted from Minimalist Cooks Dinner by Mark Bittman.
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 pounds large sea scallops (U-10 to U-15)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
Spread curry powder out on a small plate. Season scallops with salt and pepper. Dip each scallop in the curry powder so they are coated lightly on each side.
Heat oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium high heat until smoking. Add scallops flat-side down in a single layer (do not crowd pan, and cook in batches if necessary) and cook without moving for two minutes until browned on one side. Flip and cook for another minute.
Add tomatoes to the pan. Turn down the heat to low and add yogurt and lime juice. Toss to combine. Take scallops off the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with cilantro and serve.