- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (2 or 3 large limes)
- Freshly grated zest of one lime
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups shelled unsalted peanuts
Preheat oven to 250ºF. Whisk lime juice, lime zest, chili powder, salt, sugar, and cayenne pepper together in large bowl. Add peanuts and stir until evenly coated. Scrape nuts onto large, rimmed baking sheet. Bake until nuts are fragrant, dry, and beginning to darken, about 30 minutes.