- Active time: 30 minutes
- Total time:50 minutes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 14-ounce package extra-firm tofu, drained, patted dry, and cut into 3/4-inch dice
- 1 heaping tablespoon hot curry or vindaloo curry paste
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into 3/4-inch florets
- Cooked brown basmati rice, for serving
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the tofu and sauté until warm, about 2 minutes. Add the curry paste and stir gently but thoroughly to coat the tofu well.
Add the tomatoes and their juices, the cauliflower, and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until cauliflower is almost tender, about 15 minutes. Remove cover and simmer briskly until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes more. Serve spooned over rice. Leftovers will keep well in the fridge for a few days.