- For Cocktail:
- 1/2 green apple such as granny smith, peeled, seeded, and cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 1 1/2 ounces freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 ounce cinnamon simple syrup (recipe follows)
- For Cinnamon Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Make Cinnamon Simple Syrup: Place water and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir frequently. When sugar has dissolved, add cinnamon stick and ground cinnamon. Bring to a boil, stirring, then reduce heat to a low simmer and let cook for five minutes.
To Make Cocktail: Put apple, lemon juice, vodka, and simple syrup in a food processor and pulse until smoothly puréed, about twenty pulses. Pour apple mixture into a cocktail shaker. Fill with ice. Shake for ten seconds. Strain into a martini glass. Garnish with a thin slice of apple, if desired.