- 3 cups seedless red grapes
- 1 1/4 cups white wine vinegar
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1/8 teaspoon fennel seeds
- Two (3-inch) cinnamon sticks
- 2 strips lemon zest
- 2 strips orange zest
Rinse grapes and set aside to dry. Combine white wine vinegar, granulated sugar, mustard seeds, peppercorns, fennel seeds, cinnamon sticks, lemon zest, and orange zest in medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Simmer until sugar has dissolved, one to two minutes. Remove saucepan from heat and allow mixture to cool to room temperature, about one hour.
Divide grapes between to clean pint jars. Add one cinnamon stick, one strip of lemon zest, and one strip of orange zest from brine mixture to each jar. Pour remaining brine mixture into jars over grapes, dividing it evenly.
Seal jars and refrigerate overnight before serving. Pickled grapes will keep in refrigerator for up to one month.