- Yield:Makes approximately 32 bars
- Active time: 45 minutes
- Total time:2 hours, 45 minutes
- 75 Club crackers
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
Line 9- by 13-inch rectangular baking pan with one layer of Club crackers (you may need to break some to fit).
Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add graham cracker crumbs, dark brown sugar, milk, and granulated sugar. Bring to boil. Boil for five minutes, stirring constantly. Remove pan from heat. Pour half of butter mixture over crackers in pan. Smooth surface with spatula.
Arrange another layer of Club crackers over butter mixture. Pour remaining butter mixture over surface. Smooth surface with spatula. Arrange a third layer of crackers over top.
Combine peanut butter, chocolate chips, and butterscotch chips in small saucepan. Melt over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. Spread evenly over crackers.
Cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate two hours. Cut into 2-inch bars. Bars will keep for two weeks, stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.