Adapted from PhamFatale.com
Spicy Pandan Cashew White Chocolate Cookies
About This Recipe
|Yield:||Yields 36 cookies|
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter (2 sticks), soft at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, tightly packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons pandan paste
- 4 ounces white chocolate chips or roughly chopped candy bar
- 4 ounces chile-lime cashews, coarsely chopped (Trader Joe’s brand is perfect)
Preheat oven to 375°F.
In mixing bowl, beat eggs with sugar until foam is pale yellow and the texture of the eggs is thicker, about 5 minutes. Add vanilla extract.
In another bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder and cream of tartar.
Cream butter with brown sugar. Add egg mixture and dry ingredients and mix. Add pandan paste. This is where dough will turn crazy green. (This is also where a purist would use liquid extracted from soaked pandan leaves for color and flavor, but nothing about these cookies is really traditional so it’s OK. Then again, I actually prefer garish green pistachio gelato to the pale naturally hued version. It’s up to you.) Mix well, and incorporate cashews and white chocolate bits.
Drop big spoonfuls onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silicone mat.
Bake for about 5 minutes at 375°F, then lower heat to 350°F for another 6 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer the cookies to cooling racks.