Peanut Butter Fondue
About This Recipe
|Special equipment:||Fondue pot, 4 skewers|
|This recipe appears in:||Peanut Butter Fondue|
- 1 cup light cream
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter (like Peanut Butter & Co. Smooth Operator)
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced into 1-inch chunks (for dipping)
- 12 marshmallows (for dipping)
- 12 strawberries (for dipping)
- 1 Granny Smith apple, sliced into 1-inch cubes (for dipping)
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (for topping)
- 1/2 cup crushed honey roasted peanuts (for topping)
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs (for topping)
In a saucepan combine cream and honey and bring to a simmer while stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low and add peanut butter.
Continue stirring until the mixture is completely smooth.
Add the mixture to a warm fondue pot, and serve with skewered marshmallows, apple chunks, sliced bananas, hulled strawberries, or whatever dippable snack you’re nuts about.
For an extra bit of fun, serve the chopped peanuts, mini chocolate chips, and/or graham cracker crumbs in small bowls for your guests to dredge their fondued dippers in. The extra crunch is sure to be a nutty hit.