- Yield:Makes about 80 one-inch squares
- Active time: 15 minutes
- Total time:1 hour and 15 minutes
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter
- Pinch of salt
- One (7-ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- One (12-ounce) package white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped, toasted walnuts
Line the bottom and sides of a 9x9-inch baking pan with two crisscrossing pieces aluminum foil, leaving an overhang on each side.
Combine the sugar, evaporated milk, butter, salt, and marshmallow cream in a heavy medium-sized saucepan over medium heat. Stirring constantly, bring the mixture to a boil and cook for five minutes.
Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the white chocolate chips, stirring until melted. Add the bourbon, rum, vanilla, and nutmeg. Stir in the walnuts.
Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and allow it to cool to room temperature. Transfer the pan to the refrigerator and chill for one hour.
Using the ends of the foil as handles, lift the fudge out of the pan. Cut the fudge into 1-inch pieces.