Baked for the 2010 Serious Eats Cookie Swap
Chocolate Eggnog Cookies
About This Recipe
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, or to taste
- 2 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1 ¼ cups white sugar
- 1 cup salted butter, softened*
- ¼ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup eggnog
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large egg yolks
Preheat oven to 300° F. Heat butter and semisweet chips together to soften and melt the chips.
In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and cocoa.
In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together. Add eggnog, vanilla and egg yolks and beat until smooth.
Add the flour mixture gradually and beat at low speed until just combined.
Drop into rounded spoonfuls on ungreased baking sheets, for 23-25 minutes, dusting tops with cocoa powder. Cool immediately.