Sirloin steak is sautéed until just done, then simmered with a mixture of onions and mushrooms and a creamy Dijon-mushroom sauce made with Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup.
Beef & Mushroom Dijon
About This Recipe
|Yield:||4 (about 2 cups each)|
|Active time:||10 minutes|
|Total time:||35 minutes|
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (about 6 ounces)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 boneless beef sirloin steak, 3/4-inch thick (about 3/4 pound), cut into strips
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular, 98% Fat Free or Healthy Request®)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 cup regular long-grain white rice, prepared according to package directions without salt (about 3 cups)
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Spray a 10-inch skillet with the cooking spray and heat over medium heat for 1 minute. Add the mushrooms and onion and cook until they're tender. Remove the vegetables from the skillet. Remove the skillet from the heat.
Spray the skillet with the cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add the beef and cook until it's well browned, stirring often. Pour off any fat.
Stir the soup, water, mustard and vegetables in the skillet and cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling. Toss the rice with the parsley, if desired. Serve the beef mixture with the rice.