- 2 large ruby grapefruits, cut into segments, juice reserved
- 2 ripe Hass avocados, cut in half and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 4-6 tablespoons red onion, diced fine, divided
- 4 teaspoons aji panca (or pasilla chile), ground (about 1 large chile)
- 4 tablespoons fruity extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Coarse salt, to taste
Arrange grapefruit and avocado on four plates. Top with sprinkles of red onion and aji panca. On each plate, drizzle 2 teaspoons reserved grapefruit juice over avocado slices, covering well to prevent browning. Then drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over each plate. Add salt, mostly on avocado, to taste, starting with 1/4 teaspoon per plate. Serve immediately.