Serious Eats: Recipes
The World's Easiest Cranberry Sauce
Here are a few ideas for variations:
- Orange. Go ahead and replace the water in the recipe with 1/2 a cup of orange juice. Finish them off with a couple teaspoons of grated zest.
- Ginger. Add a teaspoon of grated fresh ginger to the pot, the finish the sauce by stirring in some diced crystallized ginger.
- Spices. Cinnamon works well, as does grated nutmeg, allspice, or loves. A bit of vanilla or spiced rum added towards the end of cooking will also spice things up a bit.
- Dried fruits. A handful of raising or currants can add texture and flavor variety to your sauce. Add them right at the beginning to allow them to soften.
- Nuts. Toasted almonds, pecans, pistachios, or walnuts roughly chopped and mixed into your sauce at the end are a classic pairing.