Pieces of beef top round get fork-tender when they're slow cooked together with red wine, golden mushroom soup and vegetables to make this savory and delicious stew.
Slow Cooker Simple Beef Bourguignonne
About This Recipe
|Yield:||6 (about 1 1/4 cups each)|
|Active time:||10 minutes|
|Total time:||8 - 9 hours|
|Special equipment:||slow cooker|
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Golden Mushroom Soup
- 1 cup Burgundy or other dry red wine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 6 ounces small whole mushrooms (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups fresh or thawed frozen whole baby-cut carrots
- 1 cup frozen small whole onions, thawed
- 1 boneless beef top round steak, 1 1/2-inches thick (about 1 1/2 pounds), cut into 1-inch piece
Stir the soup, wine, garlic, thyme, mushrooms, carrots, onions and beef in a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker.
Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours or until the beef is fork-tender.