Delicious and stress-free dinners are what the slow-cooker is all about...and these succulent pork chops in a sweet and savory sauce are all the proof you'll need.
Slow Cooker Golden Mushroom Pork & Apples
About This Recipe
|Active time:||10 minutes|
|Total time:||8 hours, 10 minutes|
|Special equipment:||slow cooker|
- 2 cans (10 3/4 ounces each) Campbell's® Condensed Golden Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 8 boneless pork chops, 3/4-inch thick (about 2 pounds)
- 4 large Granny Smith apples, sliced
- 2 large onions, sliced (about 2 cups)
Stir the soup, water, brown sugar, Worcestershire and thyme in a 4-quart slow cooker. Add the pork, apples and onions.
Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours or until the pork is cooked through.
Time-Saving: This recipe may also be cooked on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with a field greens salad tossed with toasted walnuts, blue cheese crumbles and red wine vinaigrette with Texas toast or garlic bread. For dessert serve a fruit and yogurt parfait: layer strawberry yogurt with chunks of pineapple and green seedless grapes, then sprinkle with granola.