This recipe appears in:Serious Entertaining: How To Throw A Zombie Dinner Party
This cool roasted cauliflower dish goes well with the highly spiced oven braised ribs from the elegant zombie dinner party not only because it's a mild accompaniment but also because the individual florets resemble brains.
- 2 medium heads cauliflower, cut into individual florets
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 10 ounces baby spinach (two bags)
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 ounces of shaved Parmesan cheese (use a sharp vegetable peeler)
Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 425°F. In a medium-sized roasting pan, toss the cauliflower with 3 tablespoons of olive oil, kosher salt and paprika. Roast until tender and well caramelized, about 40 minutes. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature.
Meanwhile, combine champagne vinegar, mustard, remaining olive oil and salt in a sealed container and shake to emulsify. In a large salad bowl, add the roasted cauliflower, spinach and onion. Add the vinaigrette and toss. Top salad with shaved Parmesan and serve immediately