What makes this quick-cooking side dish really tasty is coating the broccoli and rice in a creamy cheese sauce...yum.
Broccoli Rice Casserole
About This Recipe
|Yield:||12 (about 1/2 cup each)|
|Active time:||20 minutes|
|Total time:||50 minutes|
|Special equipment:||skillet, baking dish|
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 1 jar (8 ounces) pasteurized process cheese sauce (like Cheez Whiz)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked regular long-grain white rice
Heat the butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until tender-crisp, stirring occasionally.
Stir the broccoli in the skillet and cook until it's tender-crisp, stirring occasionally. Stir in the milk, soup, cheese sauce and rice. Cook and stir until the cheese is melted. Pour the broccoli mixture into a 2-quart shallow baking dish.
Bake at 350°F. for 30 minutes or until the mixture is hot and bubbling.