Easy Corn Salad
Have you ever run out the door to a party and remembered at the last minute that you were supposed to bring a side dish? If this ever happens to you again, don't get freaked out—you can get this dish together in time for the party (I've done it in 10 minutes).
You can make it with fresh corn, sliced and blanched, but for ease of preparation I use frozen corn outside the months of July and August.
Other recipe variations include:
- Adding a rinsed can of black beans and serving in lettuce bundles
- Adding chopped avocado for a little creaminess
- Adding crumbled queso fresco for a salty roundness
Easy Corn Salad
About This Recipe
|Active time:||15 minutes|
|Total time:||20 minutes|
|This recipe appears in:||Serious Entertaining: How to Make 'Thoughtful Guest' Sides for a Labor Day Cookout|
- 1 bag frozen corn
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 4 stalks green onions, chopped
- 1/2 bunch cilantro leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
If you're using frozen corn, put frozen corn in a colander. Run water over the corn until it’s thawed.
Mix the corn with the red bell pepper, orange bell pepper, red onions, green onions, and cilantro.
In a spillproof container (such as an empty, clean spaghetti jar or plastic container with a lid), add the red wine vinegar, oil, garlic, salt and cayenne. Close the lid and shake furiously. You could also whisk the ingredients for the dressing together.
Drizzle the dressing over the corn mixture.