This recipe appears in:Serious Entertaining: I Dip, You Dip, We Dip
Cobb salads offer me a way to eat bacon and blue cheese while maintaining the appearance of control and self-righteousness.
This dip does away with that pretense. Dig in.
- 4 slices bacon, finely chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (8-ounce) container cream cheese
- 1/3 cup (About 2 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions (about 2 medium)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 medium avocado, finely chopped
- 2 Roma tomatos, seeded and chopped
In large heavy-bottomed skillet, fry bacon over medium heat, stirring occasionally until crisp. Transfer to paper towel-lined plate.
In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, sour cream, blue cheese, lemon juice, salt, and Worcestershire with a wooden spoon or an electric mixer until well-combined. Gently fold in avocado, scallions, and parsley with wooden spoon. Transfer to serving bowl, sprinkle with bacon and tomato, and serve immediately with crudités and crackers.