Bartlett Pear and Green Bean Salad
About This Recipe
|Active time:||20 minutes|
|Total time:||40 minutes (to cool and/or chill green beans)|
|Special equipment:||pot for boiling water, colander for draining green beans, water bath|
|This recipe appears in:||Serious Salad: Summer Pear Salad|
- 2 to 3 cups of green beans
- 2 Bartlett pears
- 4 tablespoons of honey-roasted pecans (walnuts or pistachios would also pair well)
- 2 to 3 cups of washed and dried spinach leaves
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 4 to 5 tablespoons of white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Rinse green beans and snap off bean ends. Boil water, adding salt as temperature rises. Boil green beans for 3 to 5 minutes, taste one for doneness, then drain and plunge into cold water for 3 to 5 minutes. Let cool.
Divide spinach leaves between two plates. Thinly slice pears and arrange each on a fan shape on both plates. Top with green beans and nuts.
Drizzle white balsamic vinegar onto the salad plates. Sprinkle lightly with pepper to taste.