Toasted Oatmeal Topping for Ice Cream
About This Recipe
|Active time:||5 minutes|
|Total time:||5 to 7 minutes|
|This recipe appears in:||No Oven Required: Toasted Oatmeal Topping for Ice Cream|
- 1 tablespoon of honey, golden syrup, or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of applesauce, butter, or nut butter of your choice
- 1 tablespoon of pecans, walnuts, or cashews
- 1 tablespoon of rasins, craisins, or prunes
- 2 generous tablespoons of quick-cooking oats
- 1 to 2 scoops of ice cream of your choice (I suggest vanilla or coffee)
Combine applesauce or butter and sugar syrup in a pan on medium-to-low heat. (If using "natural" nut butter, an additional teaspoon of syrup or honey may be necessary). Add oats. Cook until browned.
Remove from flame. Add nuts and dried fruit. Continue to stir as pan cools for another minute.
Top ice cream with mixture. Add more nuts or sugar syrup if desired.