Adapted from Cookie Sleuth
No-Bake Tastykake-Inspired Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies
About This Recipe
|Yield:||8 to 12 bars|
|Active time:||15 minutes|
|Total time:||15 minutes, plus four hours for chilling|
|Special equipment:||Pot, spoon for stirring, cupcake liners|
|This recipe appears in:||No Oven Required: Tastykake-Inspired Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies|
- 1 cup rolled, quick-cooking oats (not instant or old-fashioned)
- 1 cup of butterscotch chips (I used Nestle Tollhouse Butterscotch Morsels)
- 1 / 4 cup of white sugar
- 1 /4 cup of almond milk ("regular" or soy milk is also fine)
- 1 /4 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 1 /2 cup of peanut butter
Set aside the peanut butter and oats in a bowl. Pre-measure for ease.
Bring to a slow boil the butterscotch chips, applesauce, sugar, and milk in a pot on the stove top.
Add the butterscotch, applesauce, sugar, and milk mixture to the oats and quickly fold in the peanut butter. Mix well.
Spoon mixture into 8 to 12 cupcake liners. (The original recipe suggests an 8x8 pan, but given the stickiness of the bars, I think the individual liners work better).
Chill for 4 hours.