Blue Cheese, Mushroom, and Spinach Pasta Salad
About This Recipe
|Yield:||4 to 6|
|Active time:||20 minutes (including cooking pasta)|
|Total time:||3 to 4 hours|
|Special equipment:||wide-mouth jar for shaking salad dressing|
|This recipe appears in:||Serious Salad: Steakhouse-Style Blue Cheese Pasta Salad|
- 2 cups of spinach or tri-color rotini pasta, cooked, drained, and chilled
- 2 cups of spinach leaves
- 2 cups of button mushroom
- 1/3 of a cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 lemon (left over from the juicing)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of red or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 6 ounces of blue cheese
- 1/4 cup of honey-roasted pecans
Shake or whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, and lemon juice to form an emulsion.
Rinse, spin dry, and finely chop the spinach leaves. Saute until tender in olive oil, cooking spray, or use a nonstick pan. Squeeze with lemon from the fruit and lightly salt during the cooking process.
Brush dirt off of mushrooms. Slice thinly. Saute until brown. Drain thoroughly, combine with spinach. Add half of the salad dressing mixture.
Stir other half of the salad dressing into cold rotini pasta. Combine spinach, mushrooms, and pasta.
Chill for several hours, at least three to four. Top with blue cheese and pecans before serving.