- 1/4 cup stock, meat or vegetable
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil or lard
- 1 pound yard-long beans, cut into 2-inch segments
- 3 ounces ground pork
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 3 dried red chilies, lightly crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon Sichuan peppercorns, crushed in a mortar and pestle
- 1 tablespoon Chiangking vinegar
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
2. Add the ground pork, garlic, ginger, chilies, and peppercorns to the wok and stir-fry rapidly, breaking up the bits of pork in the wok. Stir-fry for 40 seconds or so, until the pork just cooks through.
3. Reintroduce the beans to the wok and mix with the other ingredients. Add the stock, salt, and sugar to the wok and simmer for 40 seconds 1 minute, or until the liquid has evaporated. Add the vinegar and the green onions and stir around. Serve immediately with noodles or rice.