Sous-Vide Glazed Carrots
About This Recipe
|This recipe appears in:||Equipment: We Test the $199 Sous-Vide Circulator From Anova The New $199 Sansaire Sous-Vide Circulator is the Solution We've Been Waiting For Sous-Vide 101: Glazed Carrots|
- 1 pound baby whole baby carrots, peeled, or 1 pound medium to large carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks with the faux-tourné cut
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley (optional)
Preheat water oven to 183°F. Place carrots, butter, sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt in a vacuum bag and seal according to manufacturer's instructions. Cook carrots in the water bath until fully tender, about 1 hour. At this point, carrots can be stored in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Empty entire contents of bag into a 12-inch, heavy-bottomed skillet and cook over high heat, stirring constantly, until liquid has reduced to a shiny glaze, about 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper, stir in parsley, and serve.