- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups bread flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 1/2 cups room temperature water
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
Whisk together flours, salt, sugar, and yeast in a large bowl. Incorporate water and olive oil with your hands or with a dampened stirrer until flour is fully hydrated and there are no dry lumps.
Drizzle some olive oil around the perimeter of the dough to prevent sticking. Cover with plastic wrap and store in a warm, dry place, such as an oven with the pilot light on, for 12 to 24 hours to let rise.
Punch down dough, turn out onto a surface lightly dusted with bread flour, and let rest for 20 minutes. Divide dough into 4 rounds of equal size. Place each round on a heavily floured cotton (not terrycloth) tea towel, flour the top of each round, and fold up the edges of the towels to cover. Let rest for 1 to 2 hours.
Working quickly to prevent sticking, turn out dough rounds one at a time onto a heavily floured cookie sheet and roll out as thinly as possible. You don't have to make a perfect circle of dough.
Top as desired and bake at the highest possible heat.