- 1 cucumber
- Soy sauce and white vinegar (enough to cover the cucumber, use at an approximately 3:1 ratio of 3 tablespoons of soy sauce for every 1 tablespoon of vinegar)
- 2 to 4 tablespoons hummus
- 1 to 2 cups spinach per person
- 1 to 2 cups string beans or snap peas
- Almonds and/or sesame seeds as a garnish
Ideally, the night before, dice the cucumber and marinade it in a mixture of the soy sauce and white vinegar. I used three tablespoons of soy sauce for every tablespoon of white vinegar. Cover the cucumber with the liquid.
When you're ready to eat, wash and dry the spinach. Place on two (or one) plates. Place the cucumber slaw on the leaves. Drizzle with leftover soy-vinegar marinade.
Scoop the hummus onto the salad. Top with string beans, almonds, and/or sesame seeds. Drizzle some soy sauce on the salad.