Sauteed Mizuna with Garlic and Fish Sauce
About This Recipe
- 1 bunch mizuna, about 10 ounces
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/4 lemon, fresh
- salt to taste, about 1/4 teaspoon
- freshly ground pepper
1. Wash and drain mizuna. The greens do not have to be completely dry. Roughly chop into 1-inch segments and set aside.
2. Place a wide and shallow pan or a wok over high heat. Add the two tablespoons of oil.
3. Add the crushed garlic and stir around for 5 or so seconds.
4. Add the greens to the wok or pan and saute for 1 minute, stir around constantly. The mizuna should be softened but still crisp. Add the fish sauce and salt and stir around to distribute evenly. Garnish with a squeeze of lemon and freshly ground pepper. Serve warm or tepid.