Note: Why bother emulsifying your vinaigrette? Read about the science of emulsions.
This recipes make a cup of vinaigrette. Extra vinaigrette can be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator indefinitely.
- Yield:makes about 1 cup of vinaigrette
- Active time: 3 minutes
- Total time:3 minutes
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 small shallot, finely minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 clove garlic, microplaned (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Combine all ingredients in small container or squeeze bottle. Seal container and shake vigorously until emulsified. Shake again before each use.