- 1 poblano pepper
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped into 1/4-inch pieces, 2 tablespoons of oil reserved
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint leaves
- 1 medium shallot, finely minced (about 1 medium)
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Set a gas burner to high heat and place poblano pepper directly on flame. Cook until completely blackened, turning as needed with tongs, about 5 minutes total. Alternatively, preheat the broiler to high, place poblano on a rimmed baking sheet, and broil, turning occasionally, until charred on all sides, 5 to 10 minutes total.
Place in covered container or paper bag until skin is loosened, about 3 minutes. Carefully peel skin and discard. Remove stem, ribs, and seeds. Cut into 1/4-inch dice and combine with sun-dried tomatoes and their oil, honey, soy sauce, hot sauce, lemon juice, mint leaves, and shallot. Whisk to combine and season to taste with salt and pepper.