This recipe appears in:Serious Entertaining: Early Spring Dinner The Food Lab: What's the Point of a Vinaigrette?
Note: Why bother emulsifying your vinaigrette? Read about the science of emulsions.
This recipes make a cup of vinaigrette. Extra vinaigrette can be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator indefinitely.
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup neutral oil (such as canola)
- 1/4 cup flavored oil (such as extra-virgin olive oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Combine all ingredients in small container or squeeze bottle. Seal container and shake vigorously until emulsified. Shake again before each use.