- 1/2 cup (125 grams) sourdough starter
- 1 1/4 cup (285 grams) cool water (I use bottled spring water of tap water which has been filtered in a Brita pitcher)
- 4 cups (480 grams) flour (bread or high gluten such as KA Sir Lancelot)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (12 grams) sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon instant yeast (optional but very helpful)
Bring all of ingredients together to form a rough dough, cover and let rest for 20 minutes.
Knead well. I use a KA mixer with dough hook and knead for 8-10 minutes. Be sure that the dough is being worked around the bowl, not stuck to hook. Dough should be soft and slightly sticky, but not wet.
Divide into 2 equal balls (app. 460 grams each)
Place in lightly oiled plastic containers, cover and leave at room temp for 30 minutes.
Refrigerate for at least 24 hours and up to 3 to 4 days. Take out about 2 hours before you plan to make pizza.